Uploaded: September 19, 2022
Bring Jem Back
Jem has so many creative fans who are proving there is a big interest in Jem, and that we can make a difference. Obviously this has led to great new things happening for Jem. And we want even more!
And if we want big things to happen for Jem's 40th Anniversary in 2025, it's time to get down to business!
Here is some inspiration what you can do. It doesn't have to cost anything nor be very time-consuming.
So, what can you do?
- Did you buy licensed Jem products? It's up to you if you want and can afford certain products. But it's certainly a very direct way to support Jem. Perhaps you can even afford to buy some new Jem products that you like for friends and family as gifts for christmas or something.
- Have a Jem blog? Why not create blog or social media account just for Jem? You can either repost random Jem things you like, take pictures of your own collection like your dolls, or perhaps you can niche yourself in a specific area about Jem., like Jem news, new products, new happenings, and what projects the people behind Jem are up to today!
- Ever considered making your own Jem website? You don't need to know any coding at all, you just need to click buttons and choose colors and write some texts and post some pictures if you like. Doesn't have to be big, it can grow over time. New Jem sites are rare these days, because people rather do social media. Perhaps you can do a site about some project that no one thought of yet?
- Drawn Jem fanart? Whether you are an experienced artist or not, you have to start somewhere. It will create some great attention for Jem, and people will be able to see Jem through your eyes, and maybe companies will see new possibilities for Jem. Or if you're already an experienced artist how about making your own Jem fan-comic?
- Told friends you like Jem? Spread the word and links to your favorite Jem online features, remind people who Jem is. Everywhere!
- Contacted companies and asked for Jem products? It can be Hasbro, or why not even companies who are creating retro figures and other licensed products for other 80's cartoons? Remind them on forums, in emails, on social media. Ask for Jem! Perhaps you collect retro figures for another line like Transformers or My Little Pony, why not find the contact info for those companies and post it in social media, asking other Jem fans to write to them.
- Do you support other people's Jem projects somehow? Make a search, and you're bound to find something new and creative for Jem, that you never saw before, by Jem fans. Take the time to show some support for it. It only takes a click to like something on Youtube or social media. Maybe you can even contribute something, some inspiration or information?
How do we show support for the original people behind Jem?
Whether it's Christy Marx, Britta Phillips, Will Meugniot, Ford Kinder, Michael Sheehan, Anne Bryant, some of the Japanese animators or someone else, many of them are right there, and deserve so much love and attention and support for their work on Jem aswell as their new projects. Considering they are online of course, and in the business and appreciate it.
- Why not create a fansite for one of them? Or write on your site and blog that you want them to be included in new official Jem projects, like a new animated series. Or just write a declaration of what their work meant to you.
- Interview them! And ask clever questions to reveal interesting facts for all of us Jem fans. If you need ideas for questions, just ask Jem fans to help you by sending in any questions to you before the interview.
- Ask them to take part in your Jem projects Maybe you can even hire some of them to do things like commissioned Jem art.
- Follow them on social media? Who doesn't want lots of followers?